P7 for Schrötter & Lüthi ready for a tough catch-up race in Brno
In qualifying for the Grand Prix České republiky, Marcel Schrötter was able to secure himself the third row on the grid, while LIQUI MOLY Intact GP team-mate Tom Lüthi finished in 26th position and has a tough job coming up tomorrow.
After fourth place in FP3 on Saturday morning, Marcel Schrötter felt ready for the Q2-Qualifying of the Czech GP. He only had two laps on the long 5.4-kilometer circuit to push for the best possible time as the tyres would already be wearing off so much due to this year's difficult track conditions, that any improvement was hardly possible. But it was precisely in this short phase that the 27-year-old made a small mistake and the front two rows of the grid got out of reach. Nevertheless, the LIQUI MOLY Intact GP rider was able to secure a strong seventh starting position at the front of the third row. Everything is possible in tomorrow's 19-lap race as his newly operated arm has not caused him major problems in all the practice sessions.
On Saturday, Tom Lüthi continued to look for ways out of the low in which he currently finds himself in. No setup change has brought an improvement so far. Although he went one step further and increased his lap time by seven tenths compared to Friday, the gap to the top remained unchanged by one second. His time of 2,02,736 ultimately meant 12th place in Qualifying 1 and 26th overall in row nine on tomorrow's grid. Not the best starting position for the fourth race of the season, but the world championship third from 2019 is hoping for more progress in Warm-Up that helps him regain his old strength and to catch up during the race tomorrow.
Grand Prix České republiky
1. Sam LOWES / GBR / KALEX - 2'01.809
2. Luca MARINI / ITA / KALEX - 2'01.892 (+0.083)
3. Joe ROBERTS / USA / KALEX - 2'02.126 (+0.317)
4. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 2'02.128 (+0.319)
21. Thomas LUTHI / SWI / KALEX - 2'02.889 (+1.080)
1. Fabio DI GIANNANTONIO / ITA / SPEED UP - 2'02.093
2. Bo BENDSNEYDER / NED / NTS - 2'02.230 (+0.137)
3. Stefano MANZI / ITA / MV AGUSTA - 2'02.242 (+0.149)
12. Thomas LUTHI / SWI / KALEX - 2'02.736 (+0.643)
1. Joe ROBERTS / USA / KALEX - 2'01.692
2. Sam LOWES / GBR / KALEX - 2'01.822 (+0.130)
3. Enea BASTIANINI / ITA / KALEX - 2'01.881 (+0.189)
7. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 2'02.345 (+0.653)